A Short Guide to the Best Indoor Cycle
Are you looking to buy an indoor cycle? Well, this is one of the best decisions you can make, whether you are an ardent cyclist or you are looking for a hassle-free exercise option. Indoor cycling is a low-impact activity and helps avoid the pounding associated with exercise. It is a versatile training solution for muscular endurance, cardiovascular exercises, reduction of stress levels and burning calories. Whatever the reason for purchasing this machine, the benefits are phenomenal.
With the popularity of home-based training, many people are opting for indoor bicycles. There are many brands to choose from and if you are a first time buyer, this can be an overwhelming experience. Today, you have many sophisticated machines to choose from and without more insight into their features, you might end up buying the wrong one.
These indoor cycle highlights from geekwrapped.com/guides/best-indoor-cycle-bikes will help you get started.
Indoor Cycle Features
When shopping for an indoor cycle, consider the following features which determine how safe, effective and convenient the bike will be for your training:
- Flywheel – This is the core of the indoor cycle and creates momentum as you ride. For a beginner, a lighter flywheel is ideal as it allows you to ride for a longer period.
- The type of seat – Always look for an adjustable seat which makes it possible for people of different heights and body shapes to ride without a problem. The seating and handle bars should be adjustable to ensure you are riding in the best position.
- Display – Look for an LCD display where your workout performance will clearly be indicated. Some models have such a display but others don’t. The sizes of the display also vary.
- User weight capacity – It is advisable to shop for a bike that can handle your weight. A high-capacity bike is better for your safety and it will also perform better.
- Dimensions – The size of the bike will also affect its ease of installation and use. Again, this will depend on your body size.
- Bike weight – Some products in the market are lightweight while others are much heavier. For intense exercises, go for a heavier bike that can also support a heavy flywheel.
Some of the Best Indoor Cycles
Based on the above features, it is now easier to compare the available bikes and make an informed choice. There are so many brands in the market and you might not have enough time to review them all. Among the top rated indoor cycles by geekwrapped.com include Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle, Sunny Health and Fitness SF-B901, the Diamondback Fitness 510Ic indoor cycle, the Ironman Fitness H-Class 510, the Sole Fitness SB700, the Bladez Fitness Echelon GS, the Marcy XJ-3220 Club stationary cycle and the Bladez Fitness Echelon GS among others.
Each of these bikes comes with its distinguishing qualities such as Bluetooth connection in the Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle, affordability and smooth rides for the Sunny Health and Fitness SF-B901, quiet belt-drive for the Diamondback Fitness 510Ic, and the Ironman Fitness H-Class 510’s impressive LCD display among other features. So go on and find more about the indoor cycle that suits your lifestyle.