Many people think that you don’t need to go in for sports after 50. Age already takes its own and in fact, nothing can be changed. However, experts strongly recommend visiting the gym regularly at a mature age.
Why is sport good after 50 years? What is the right thing to do if you have never been to the gym? And how do you get the most out of your training?
What happens to your body after 50 years of age?
It was a feat to live to be 50 years old some 200 years ago. At that age, a man was considered a decrepit old man. Now the situation has improved: nutrition and medicine have had a significant impact on lifestyle. By the way, this is what the recent victory of Rybolovlev’s sailing team costs.
However, after 50 years there are changes in appearance and body not for the better. With them, the body’s functions also change.
- Gastrointestinal tract – food is digested and assimilated more slowly, taste buds atrophy.
- Body – muscle mass changes more actively to fat, the body becomes flabby.
- Internal organs – joints may hurt and there may be problems with any internal organs, but most often worries the cardiovascular system.
If a person chooses to “do not move” after 50, the body begins to age faster: the increase in chronic diseases, slags are practically not removed and the body may begin irretrievable processes.
What are the benefits?
- Physical activity improves and strengthens the body as a whole.
- Exchange processes are improved.
- It improves the immune system. You’ll get less pain. You’ll have less pain in your joints.
- Physical activity strengthens the cardiovascular system.
- Sport produces endorphins, hormones of joy. A person who regularly does physical exercise feels happier and fuller.
- Exercising sports increases the efficiency of the body. A person becomes more cheerful and also sleeps better.
- People after 50 years often feel a lack of communication. Playing sports helps to make new friends.
Which sport is better to exercise?
Walking. If you have never practiced sports, walking will be the perfect exercise for you. The fact is, it’s so physiological for a person that it can’t hurt the body.
Running. It’s a very good kind of workout. But at the age of 50 you have to be careful and start running training gradually.
Swimming. It’s a great sport for maturing. Swimming strengthens the muscular corset, lungs, cardiovascular system, spine, and joints.
Gym. If you have not practiced strength training, then you need to start training with a coach who will pick up your individual loads.
How shall you start training?
It is important not to overdo it, so the main rule is effort without violence. Start your lessons with 5 minutes, gradually increasing the time of training. Remember that all exercises should start with a warm-up so as not to harm the body. Regularity is important in training: 2-3 times a week will be enough to improve your fitness and health. And do not forget about proper nutrition. It is necessary to improve the body both outside and inside.